.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The SurvivalRing Blog...what's going on in Saving The World...

My Blog for the SurvivalRing website.....
http://www.survivalring.org
"Study Yesterday...Prepare Today...Live Tomorrow."


Monitoring U.S. Homeland Security

Saturday, October 11, 2003

Busy week at school...

Got an email on the mailing list yesterday, and since it affects a lot of folks, thought I would post the answer to it here as well.

My response...

In a message dated 10/10/2003 2:41:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sally@allidaho.com writes:

> I know you've been busier than a paper hanger with an itch, and I'm not
> complaining or criticising, but I have a question...have you sent out the
> cds to those who helped with Bubba's "doctor bill"? Because
> I still have not
> received them...kind regards
> Sally

HI Sally, and all...

I have a stack of the first two cds ready, and am finishing the last cd soon. CD 3 is the one that HAS EVERYTHING I HAVE fallout and shelter oriented, including half that is not even on the website yet. Labels are printed...just finishing the final navigation and file layout. My first cd production of 10,000 on CD #1 went out the door last year with TWO major links missing, and I do NOT want this next cd to have ANY problems.

You folks will be the first to see it, and I truly hope that you will really dig into it and look for any problems that might be on there (bad files, bad links, or any little thing).

For any and all who give me feedback, positive OR negative, I will make sure you are mentioned in the final release of CD #2 when I take it national....such as on a "THANKS TO..." page at CD bootup. This could include anything you want to say as well, including web links if you want.

FINAL release of #2 will have fancy graphics, fancy label, links, and such, but ALL THE CONTENT will be on both cds. It will also include any errors being corrected, that you guys help me find.

I hope you will give me some feedback as well on the first cd release, even though I have a couple of great testimonials ( Jim Benson of ModernSurvival.net and Bruce Beach) I want LOTS more feedback.

At this point I am sending out over 30 full sets, totaling 90 cd roms, and I am including two collectible paper docs in every package, which I purchased JUST for this reason. SurvivalRing will also get updated shortly with the PREMIUM Section promised a few months ago, just for those who have donated to this project over the last couple of years. There are many of you, and it is just another way for me to say THANKS.

Sorry for the delays, and here's why...working two part time jobs at college($6.00 an hour for financial aid work study), taking 17 hours of classes, assisting with the re-do of the college website (cwc.edu), chartering a new club on campus (http://cwcwebdevclub.survivalring.org), and learning all about radio and tv production in 12 hours of labs each week (Wyoming Public TV is based on this campus)...so to answer your question, yes, I am busier than a 'no-armed' paper hanger using his toes to do everything...

Someday maybe I can get myself cloned and stay caught up.

Until then, thanks again to all of you...you are most appreciated and most definitely NOT forgotten.

Richard

====================

My goal is for the CD sets to hit the mail before the end of the month. Lots of work, but everyone should understand, when they receive the packages, how much data is on there...will take years to read all the way thru.

Take care, til next post...

Richard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home